Lorena Hart Ludovici is a founding partner of Gaylord Merlin Ludovici & Diaz. She represents a broad range of business and property owners in eminent domain cases not only in Florida, but also in Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas. Ms. Ludovici’s clientele includes owners of shopping centers, supermarket chains, gas stations, restaurants, professional offices, cell towers, golf courses, groves and homeowners.
Ms. Ludovici currently chairs the Eminent Domain Committee of The Florida Bar and also chaired the committee in 1999-2000. She served as Vice Chair from 2012-2017. Ms. Ludovici served as Co-Chair of CLE International’s 2nd, 3rd and 11th Annual Super Conferences on Eminent Domain. She also served on the Eminent Domain Steering Committee for the Judge’s Conferences co-chairing several of the programs for the judiciary, the latest in July of 2014.
- Florida, 1990
- S. Supreme Court
- S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- John B. Stetson University College of Law
Stetson Law Review, Member (1988-89)
Teaching Fellow, Research and Writing (1987-88)
- University of Florida.
S., with honors, 1986.
Member, Phi Kappa Phi.
- The Florida Bar (Member, Eminent Domain Committee, 1991- present; Chair, 2017-18, 1999-2000; Vice-Chair 2012 – present, 1998-99)
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar (Member, Eminent Domain Committee, 1994- present)
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (President 2001-02; President-elect 2000-2001; 1st Vice-President; Programs 1999-00; 2nd Vice-president, Membership 1998-99).
- Florida Petroleum Marketers Association (FPMA)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Trend’s, “Legal Elite” (2005-13, 2015-17)
- Best Lawyers in America, “Best Lawyer,” (2008-17)
- Florida Super Lawyer, “Super Lawyer” (2006-17)
- Top 50 Women Florida Super Lawyers in (2011-14)
- Tampa Bay Magazine, “Best Lawyer” (2008)
- Tampa Magazine “Tampa Top Lawyers (2016-17)
- Women of Influence 2017 Best Lawyers Business Edition
- Licensed Real Estate Sales
Beyond The Bio
Building relationships is the best part of our practice. I often advise potential clients when interviewing for a lawyer that there are many good lawyers, but among them you should choose a lawyer with whom you trust, get along, and feel good about. When it comes down to mediation and trial, we will be spending a lot of time together and a good relationship with a foundation of trust becomes very important. Just as important is the relationship I enjoy within our office with my partners and staff. We have a super terrific team, and most of us have been working together for decades. When away from the office, I enjoy spending time with my family. Some of our favorite activities together include snow skiing (snowboarding for the younger ones) in the Rockies, hiking in the Carolinas and following the Florida Gators.