Andrew has over 30 years’ experience in eminent domain. Over the years, he has handled numerous cases involving complex issues and multi-million dollar claims and awards of compensation. Andrew has experience representing owners in nearly every type of property.
Andrew began his legal practice as an Assistant County Attorney for Pinellas County representing the county in eminent domain cases. Prior to practicing law, he worked as a State Certified Real Estate Appraiser. Currently, Andrew is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a circuit court and appellate court mediator.
At present, Andrew is the chair of the steering committee and author for the Florida Eminent Domain Practice and Procedures published by The Florida Bar. He previously served as Vice-Chair of the Eminent Domain Committee of the Florida Bar.
Andrew has professional working proficiency in Spanish.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- John B. Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 1992
- Teaching Fellow, Civil Procedure (1991-92)
- Florida State University, B.S., 1986
- Gold Key
- Order of the Omega Honor Society
- The Florida Bar (Member, Eminent Domain Committee; Vice-Chair (2000-01)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Member, Board of Directors, YLD; Eminent Domain Committee) (2000 – Present)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (Associate Member; Eminent Domain Chair, Government Affairs Committee) ( 2000 – Present)
- Hillsborough County Civil Service Board (Vice-Chair) (2000-07)
- Florida State University College of Business Real Estate Trends Networking Conference, Steering Committee (1995–Present)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Trend’s, “Legal Elite” (2005-present)
- Florida Super Lawyer, “Super Lawyer” (2007-11, and 2013-present)
- Best Lawyers in America, Eminent Domain Lawyer of the Year, Tampa (2016)
- Best Lawyers in America, “Best Lawyer,” (2008-present)
- State of Florida Certified Real Estate Appraiser No. 0000463 (Inactive)
- State of Florida Circuit Court Mediator
Beyond The Bio
Representing property owners in takings gives me the chance to get out of the office, travel across Florida and meet great people. Every property and business are unique, so no two cases are the same. To properly represent an owner, it is critical to get to know each client’s needs and how their property or business operates. Getting to know my clients and being able to help them is my favorite part of my job. When I’m out of the office, I enjoy traveling with my wife and two daughters.